Important Dates for the Spring 2021 Rhode Island Economics Challenge
- Monday January 11, 2021 to Wednesday April 28, 2021 - Registration is open for the Rhode Island Economics Challenge. To register go to econchallenge (https://econchallenge.unl.edu/ choose Rhode Island and then Teacher Registration. Teachers may review rules and register teams of 3-4 high school or middle school students. There are no team limits, and testing takes place either in school nder a teacher's supervision, or at students' homes or other non-school locations. This makes a great online class activity.
- Monday March 15, 2021 to Wednesday April 28, 2021 - The Rhode Island Economics Challenge is available online. The 35-minute student competition is taken online by individual students at their schools under the supervision of their teacher if they are attending school in person, or at homes or other non-school locations under the supervision of a parent/guardian if they are studying virtually.
- State winners announced on Friday April 30, 2021.
- National Economics Challenge
o Semifinals: May 3, 2021 to May 20, 2021
o State Semi-Finals – The State Champion teams for the Ricardo and the Adam Smith divisions compete online with other states Semi-Finalists for the opportunity to advance to the National Final. If you are one of the Rhode Island Semi-Finalist teams, details will follow
- National Finals - Finals: May 22 to May 24, 2021 This year, the Nationals will be held online.