Welcome to the Spring 2021 RI EconChallenge ONLINE!
Save the Dates! The 2021 RI Economics Challenge testing period is March 15, 2021 - April 23, 2021
Starting on January 11, 2021, teachers may log in and register new students and teams until April 23, 2021.
Registration for the Rhode Island Economics Challenge starts on January 11, 2021 and the online competition will be open on testing dates March 15, 2021 through April 28, 2021.
This competition is online and free. Any Rhode Island teacher can sign up and register his/her high school or middle school students. Once you have registered as a teacher, you can begin to register your students and create student teams of three to four students in the appropriate divisions. Teachers will supervise students taking the Challenge is in-person school is in session during the testing period. However, if there are school closures, participating students will be taking the Econ Challenge online at home or other non-school location under the supervision of a parent/guardian.
Important Dates for the Spring 2021 Rhode Island Economics Challenge
- Monday January 11, 2021 to Wednesday April 28, 2021 - Registration is open for the Rhode Island Economics Challenge. To register go to econchallenge (https://econchallenge.unl.edu/ choose Rhode Island and then Teacher Registration. Teachers may review rules and register teams of 3-4 high school or middle school students. There are no team limits, and testing takes place either in school nder a teacher's supervision, or at students' homes or other non-school locations. This makes a great online class activity.
- Monday March 15, 2021 to Wednesday April 28, 2021 - The Rhode Island Economics Challenge is available online. The 35-minute student competition is taken online by individual students at their schools under the supervision of their teacher if they are attending school in person, or at homes or other non-school locations under the supervision of a parent/guardian if they are studying virtually.
- State winners announced on Friday April 30, 2021.
- National Economics Challenge
o Semifinals: May 3, 2021 to May 20, 2021
o State Semi-Finals – The State Champion teams for the Ricardo and the Adam Smith divisions compete online with other states Semi-Finalists for the opportunity to advance to the National Final. If you are one of the Rhode Island Semi-Finalist teams, details will follow
- National Finals - Finals: May 22 to May 24, 2021 This year, the Nationals will be held online.
Join teams from across the Nation to take the Challenge!