Save the Dates! The 2021 RI Econ Challenge testing period is Monday March 15, 2021 - Wednesday April 28, 2021.
How it Works
It's quite simple, really!
To participate in the EconChallenge ONLINE!, simply do the following:
Teams are encouraged to compete in the division that would challenge them the most. See official rules at economicschallenge.councilforeconed.org
- Go to econchallenge.unl.edu
- Select your state and register as a teacher.
- Once you have registered as a teacher, you can begin to create student teams of 3 to 4 students in any of three divisions:
- Adam Smith: High school students enrolled in any two semester econ macro and micro course sequence or any course labeled as AP, IB, honors, or differentiated. If you previously participated in the David Ricardo Division, you must register for Adam Smith in this year's competition.
- David Ricardo: High school students in any one semester, introductory or general, combined macro and micro economics course.
- Milton Friedman: Middle school students in grades 6-8.
- After registering students and assigning them to teams, teachers will be given unique access codes for each student. Distribute these access codes to your students when they are ready to take the 35-minute onlline EconChallenge in school under your supervision, or at their homes or other non-school sites, under the supervision of a parent/guardian.
- The EconChallenge ONLINE begins on March 15, 2021. Once competition begins, students can enter the EconChallenge ONLINE website and complete a 30 question rapid fire exam consisting of macro, micro, and international questions. Each student will be given 35 minutes.
- Each student will take a different randomly selected exam from a pool of questions in the database.
- Scoring: the sum of the top three individual scores on each team make up the team score. Scoring on individual tests are as follows:
- +10 points for each correct answer
- 0 points for each incorrect answer or question left blank
- The RI state winners of the EconChallenge ONLINE! will be announced on April 30, 2021, after the competition has ended.