It's quite simple, really!
Simply do the following:
1. Register as a teacher.
2. Once you have registered as a teacher, you can begin to create student teams of 3-4 students in one of two divisions:
- Adam Smith: High School students enrolled in any two semester econ macro and micro course sequence or any course labeled as AP, IB, honors, or differentiated. If you previously participated in the David Ricardo Division, you must register for Adam Smith in this year's competition.
- David Ricardo: High School Students enrolled in any one semester, introductory or general, combined macro and micro economics course. Teams are encouraged to compete in the division that would challenge them the most. See official rules here.
3. After creating the teams you will be given unique access codes for each student. Distribute these access codes to your students when they are ready to take the Challenge.
The Mississippi NationalEconomicsChallenge is October 5-16, 2020; December 7-18, 2020, March 1-12, 2021, and April 5-9, 2021. Once the competition begins, students can enter the Challenge website and complete a 40 question rapid fire exam consisting of macro, micro, and international questions. Each student will be given 45 minutes.
Scoring: the sum of the top three individual scores on each team make up the team score. Scoring on individual tests are as follows:
- +10 points for each correct answer
- 0 points for each unanswered question