Welcome to the Mississippi NationalEconomicsChallenge!
Starting with the class who entered high school in fall 2008, Economics is now a required course for high school graduation. This is a fun, FREE and competitive way to engage students more fully in their learning while assessing how well they are learning economic concepts.
The Challenge is OPEN:
- NOW—Teacher Registration Begins—Choose "Teacher Registration" from the menu to the left to get started.
- October 9-20, 2017; December 5-16, 2017 and March 5-23 2018- ONLINE COMPETITION OPEN FOR TESTING
- March 2018-Regional winners are announced
- April 12, 2018 - Top scoring high school teams from each region will face off in the state championship.
- April 24, 2018 (April 19, 2018*) - The first place teams from each division in the State Championship will test in the National Semi-Finals. No travel necessary. *Test date for schools that are closed Spring Break 4/24/18.
- May 2018 - Regional middle school winners are awarded prizes at the Mississippi Council on Economic Education (MCEE) Awards Luncheon in Jackson.
- TEACHERS—Register today and start creating your student teams.
- STUDENTS—Study hard, the Challenge will test you and your knowledge of economics.
Awards: Click here for the 2017-2018 Economics Challenge Prizes.
Good luck to all our student competitors. The Mississippi NationalEconomicsChallenge is a great way to flex you intellectual muscle and participate with students from across Mississippi in an exciting and fun competition.
Contact us if you need information or assistance.