How it Works
It's quite simple, really!
To participate in the EconChallenge ONLINE!, simply do the following:
- Go to econchallenge.unl.edu
- Select your state and register as a teacher.
- Once you have registered as a teacher, you can begin to create student teams of 3 to 4 students in either of two divisions.
- Adam Smith: students enrolled in any two semester econ macro and micro course sequence or any course labeled as AP, IB, honors, or differentiated. If you previously participated in the David Ricardo Division, you must register for Adam Smith in this year's competition.
- David Ricardo: any one semester, introductory or general, combined macro and micro economics course. Teams are encouraged to compete in the division that would challenge them the most. See official rules at economicschallenge.councilforeconed.org
- After creating the teams you will be given unique access codes for each student. Distribute these access codes to your students when they are ready to take the Challenge.
- The EconChallenge ONLINE begins on a date determined by each state. To see when competition will occur in your state, please click on the "State Info" menu item to the left. Once competition begins, students can enter the EconChallenge ONLINE website and complete a 30 question rapid fire exam consisting of macro, micro, and international questions. Each student will be given 35 minutes but all team members must complete the exam within 3 hours.
- Each student will take a different randomly selected exam from a pool of questions in the database.
- Scoring: the sum of the top three individual scores on each team make up the team score. Scoring on individual tests are as follows:
- +10 points for each correct answer
- 0 points for each incorrect answer
- 0 points for each unanswered question
- The winners of the EconChallenge ONLINE! will receive notification once the competition has ended.