To the Iowa EconChallenge ONLINE!
The Challenge is open:
- January 1 - March 31, 2018 - Spring Online Competition
- April 17, 2018- State Finals in Altoona at the Iowa State University Extension- When we find the Best of the Best.
- April 24, 2018– National semifinal competition via a proctored exam at state championship team’s school.
- May 19-21, 2018 – National Competition in New York. Top 8 teams from the National semifinals will receive an expense paid trip to New York to compete at the national level.*
Join hundreds of high school and middle school students across the state in this great academic smack down.
- Teachers- Register today and start creating your student teams.
- Students - Study hard, the EconChallenge ONLINE! will test you and your knowledge of Economics.
Prizes for Students and Teachers - per Division (ONLINE competition)
- 1st Place team members each receive $25 cash
- 2nd Place team members each receive $15 cash
- For each registered team that completes the challenge, you will be entered into a drawing for $100.
Every high school and middle school student and teacher in Iowa is invited to compete in the EconChallenge. Teachers can create as many student teams as they'd like, and the Iowa Council on Economic Education will pay all registration and participation fees.
Students compete in one of three divisions - David Ricardo for high school students new to Econ, Adam Smith for the veterans, and the Milton Friedman division for middle school students.
Good luck to all our student competitors. The EconChallenge ONLINE! is a great way to flex your intellectual muscle and participate with students from across Iowa in an exciting and fun competition.
Contact us if you need information or assistance.
*National semi-finalists will be responsible for 1/2 of travel costs to participate.