How it Works
It's quite simple, really!
To participate in the EconChallenge ONLINE!, simply do the following:
- Go to econchallenge.unl.edu
- Select Iowa and register as a teacher.
- Once you have registered as a teacher, you can create your student teams of 3 to 4 students in any of the three divisions listed above.
- After creating the teams you will be given unique access codes for each student. Distribute these access codes to your students when they are ready to take the Challenge.
- The EconChallenge ONLINE begins on February 1. Once competition begins, students can enter the EconChallenge ONLINE website and complete a 30 question rapid fire exam consisting of macro, micro, and international questions. Each student will be given 35 minutes to complete the exam. The competition will close at midnight on April 16.
- The student testing process shall be proctored.
- No calculators shall be used during online or in-person competitions.
- Scoring: the sum of the top three individual scores on each team make up the team score. Scoring on individual tests are as follows:
- +10 points for each correct answer
- 0 points for each blank or incorrect answer
- The winners of the EconChallenge ONLINE will receive notification once the competition has ended on April 16. Results will be sent no later than April 23.
- Adam Smith - The top 10 high school teams from each region will be invited to compete at the State Finals on April 30. No more than 5 teams from any one school will compete at the finals.
- David Ricardo - The top 10 high school teams will be invited to compete at the State Finals on April 30. No more than 5 teams from any one school will compete at the finals.