State Info: California
CCEE's National Economics Challenge Timeline
- January 17: Registration Opens Teachers can sign up for the competition and register their teams of students.
- March 21 - April 8: Let the games begin! Teams can take the online preliminary test appropriate to their division
- David Ricardo beginner
- Adam Smith advanced
- Middle School
- April 12: State Finalist teams for each division are announced on CCEE website and notified by email
- April 27: (David Ricardo Division) State Final The top scoring teams for the David Ricardo division compete for the State Championship!
- April 28: (Adam Smith Division) State Final The top scoring teams for the Adam Smith division compete for the State Championship!
- National Semi-finals Each team who advances from state competition completes a proctored exam to be held on May 18, 2021.
- May 22 - 24: National Finals Top teams from the National semifinals will compete in the live, virtual finals hosted by the national Council for Economic Education.
How is the California Challenge set up?
Each participant takes a 15-question, multiple-choice test in each of the following areas:
- Round I: Microeconomics
- Round II: Macroeconomics
- Round III: International Economics, Current Events, and Applied Policy Issues
- Round IV: David Ricardo Quiz Bowl, Adam Smith Quiz Bowl
There will be two divisions of competition that will run simultaneously. Each team consists of 3-4 members.