Alabama teachers! Receive $25 if you have five teams that compete in the challenge!
- January 2 - March 14 Register for the Alabama Economics Challenge
- Online Practice Competition - Students login and may take a practice test to prepare for Economics Challenge. Select Practice on menu at left.
- Online Testing Window February 12 - March 14
Announcement of top online teams: March 18
Middle School State Champion determined by top online team test score. Each team member and the teacher sponsor receives a $50 gift card.
Top online high school teams are invited to the High School State Championship in the Adam Smith and David Ricardo divisions to be held on April 4 at the Federal Reserve Bank - Birmingham Branch. Each team member and the teacher sponsor of a championship team will receive a $150 gift card. Travel stipdends available. Teacher substitute reimbursement will be provided.
High School State Champion represents Alabama in the online national semi-finals. The teacher sponsor will select a date between April 22 - 26 for the team to compete in the national semi-finals online test. Top semi-final teams will advance to the online national competition in New York, NY, on June 1 - 3, 2024. While in New York for the competition, food and lodging will be provided.
Join hundreds of students across the state in this great academic competition.
- Teachers- Register today and start creating your student teams.
- Students - Study hard! The Economics Challenge Online Competition will test you and your knowledge of Economics.
There is no fee to participate. Teachers can enter an unlimited number of teams.
High school students compete in two divisions - David Ricardo for students in general economics courses and Adam Smith for students in advanced economics courses.
Middle School students compete in one middle school division.
Good luck to all our student competitors. The Economics Challenge Online Competition is a great way to flex your intellectual muscle and participate with students from across Alabama.
It is our wish that you find this competition fun, exciting, and educational.