Due to national and state closings related to the coronavirus we will only offer our online competition this year. See below for details:
- Offering prizes for each division for the online portion of the competition
- Will draw a teacher winner for the $100 drawing
- Offering Iowa 529 College Savings money and cash prizes for first and second place teams in the state for each high school division. These teams will have the top two scores in each division.
- Our state champion for the Adam Smith and David Ricardo will be the team with the highest team score.
- No trophy will be awarded this year
Please reach out if you have any questions!
To the Iowa EconChallenge ONLINE!
- January 1 -
March 13, 2020Now open until April 24 - Spring Online Competition April 8, 2020 - State Finals at the West Des Moines Federal Reserve Bank - The Best of the Best.In person event is cancelled April 15, 2020Date to be determined – National semifinal competition via a proctored exam at state championship team’s school. May 16-18, 2020Date to be determined but will likely be online if it happens – Top 8 teams from the National semifinals will receive an all-expense paid trip to New York to compete at the national level.
Join hundreds of high school and middle school students across the state in this great academic smack down.
- Teachers - Register today and start creating your student teams.
- Students - Study hard, the EconChallenge ONLINE! will test you and your knowledge of Economics.
Prizes for Students and Teachers - per division (ONLINE competition)
- 1st Place team members & teacher each receive $25 cash
- 2nd Place team members & teacher each receive $15 cash
- For each registered team that completes the challenge, you will be entered into a drawing for $100.
Every high school and middle school student and teacher in Iowa is invited to compete in the EconChallenge. Teachers can create as many student teams as they'd like and the Iowa Council on Economic Education will pay all registration and participation fees.
Students compete in one of three divisions:
- David Ricardo for high school students new to Econ
- Adam Smith for the veterans
- Milton Friedman division for middle school students
Good luck to all our student competitors. The EconChallenge ONLINE! is a great way to flex your intellectual muscle and participate with students from across Iowa in an exciting and fun competition.
Contact us if you need information or assistance.