Welcome to the California - National Economics Challenge ONLINE PRELIMINARY!
What is the National Economics Challenge?
Every year the State Council's on Economic Education, with support from the National Council on Economic Education, host the Economics Challenge Program. The Challenge is an opportunity for students to demonstrate their knowledge of Economic Literacy by competing with other students across the state in written and "Quiz Bowl" examinations. Student participants receive certificates of recognition, awards and accolades.
How does the challenge work?
- Teacher registers him/herself
- Teachers sign up their team(s). *You may sign up multiple teams on your teacher admin page, after you log-in -- no need to register more than once.
- Teams take either a beginning or advanced online National Economics Challenge exam.
- The top 5 teams from each test go to their region for State Championships.
- Winners from the state championships proceed to the National Semi-final testing phase.
- Top 4 teams from the National semifinals will receive all food and lodging paid for (flights are not covered). Includes a dinner cruise around Manhattan and One Observatory tour.
All of the dates and additional information can be found at the dates and times page.
What is your next step to joining the FUN?
- Teachers- You can create as many student teams as you'd like and the California Council on Economic Education will pay all registration and participation fees! Register today and start creating your student teams.
- Students - Study hard! And remember... You must take the exam individually. No outside materials are to be utilized during the exam; i.e. no calculators, textbooks, teammates, etc.
What do our top 4 National Economics Challenge Winners receive?
1st place - $1,000
2nd place - $500
3rd place - $250
4th place - $200
Top 4 teams from the National semifinals will receive all food and lodging paid for (flights are not covered). Includes a dinner cruise around Manhattan and One Observatory tour.
Good luck to all our student competitors. The National Economics Challenge is a great way to flex your intellectual muscle and participate with students from across California and the Nation in an exciting and fun competition.
* Check out some of the sample tests to get an idea of the fun that lies ahead!
Contact us if you need information or assistance.