To the TEXAS EconChallenge ONLINE!
Students compete in one of three divisions - David Ricardo for students new to Econ, Adam Smith for the veterans, and Milton Friedman division for the middle school students. There are SIX regions in Texas: North Texas including the Grater Dallas/Ft. Worth area, Greater Houston area, Central Texas, West Texas, South Texas and East Texas.
The Challenge is about to begin:
- January, 2017- Spring Challenge Teacher Registration Begins
- March 6 - April 10, 2017- Spring Online Competition dates have been revised - Teams login and face the Challenge! The top Texas team in the online chalenge in the Adam Smith and David Ricardo divisions will progress to the National Semifinal Competition.
- April 25, 2017 - National Semifinal Competition - Tests will be online proctored from participating teams' schools. Top 4 teams from the regional competition will receive an all-expense paid trip to New York to compete at the national level.
- MAY 20-22, 2017 - National Competition in New York, NY - Be one of the top four in the Adam Smith or David Ricardo National Semifinal Competition and will fly free to New York to compete at the national level.
Join hundreds of high school and middle school students across Texas in this great academic smack down.
- Teachers- Register today and start creating your student teams.
- Students - Study hard, the EconChallenge ONLINE! will test you and your knowledge of Economics.
Prizes for Students in the top two Texas middle school teams in the Milton Freedman division
- First and Second place team members will receive certificates.
Prizes for Students and Teachers in the top two Texas high school teams in the Adam Smith and David Ricardo division
- First place team members and one teacher each receive $75 check.
- Second place team members and one teacher each receive $50 check.
Prizes for Teachers
- For each registered team per division that completes the challenge, teachers will be entered into a drawing for a $100 check. There will be one drawing per division for the Spring Challenge.
Every high school and middle school student and teacher in Texas is invited to compete in the EconChallenge. Teachers can create as many student teams as they'd like.
Good luck to all our student competitors. The EconChallenge ONLINE! is a great way to flex your intellectual muscle and participate with students from across Texas in an exciting and fun competition.
Contact us if you need information or assistance with the Economics Challenge at 713-655-1650 or send an email to email@example.com.