Welcome to the Florida EconChallenge Online Competition!
This is the first round of three to determine the overall champions of the 2017 National Economics Challenge. The first place winners of the Florida competition, in two divisions, advance to the National Semi-Finals to compete with winning teams across the United States! The top four teams in each division of the National Semi-Finals win an all expenses-paid trip to New York City to compete in the Finals of the National Economics Challenge in May 2017.
Let’s get started
- Online Registration for Teachers and Coaches - Opens February 9, 2017 – Teachers and coaches click on the Teacher Registration tab on the right to start creating your student teams. Review the National Economics Challenge Rules and Eligibility available at http://www.councilforeconed.org/econchallenge this is a guide to placing your team in the correct division. Please visit the NEC website for more information, forms, eligibility and rules: http://www.councilforeconed.org/events/national-economics-challenge/participation-info/
- Students - Study hard, the Florida EconChallenge ONLINE! will test you and your knowledge of Economics. You can even take an ONLINE! Practice Exam. Students compete in teams of four with each student eligible to participate as a member of only one team.
- Florida Online Economics Challenge Competition (February 9 - March 31, 2017) - Adam Smith and David Ricardo teams login and face the Challenge! Once the competition begins, students can enter the EconChallenge ONLINE website and complete a 30 question rapid fire exam consisting of macro, micro, and international questions. Each student will be given 30 minutes and all team members must complete the exam within 3 hours. Students must answer the Challenge questions independently. The Challenge can be taken by all team members at the same time if computers are available, or a team can use one computer with team members taking the Challenge in sequence. There must be an adult proctoring all team participation in the Challenge. -The top high school team in the Adam Smith division and the David Ricardo division will be invited to participate in the National Semi-Finals where all state winners compete to get one step closer to being the National winners of their division.
- National Semi-Final Economics Challenge Competition (April 2017) - Tests will be a proctored exam administered at the participating teams’ school or club. The Council for Economic Education will develop, distribute, and score the test. The top four winning teams from each division will receive an all-expenses paid trip to New York City to compete at the national level. Click here for more information:http://www.councilforeconed.org/events/national-economics-challenge/
- National Final Economics Challenge Competition (May 2017) - The Council for Economic Education will host the National Economics Challenge in New York City May 2017. Cash prizes, a trophy and medals for all teams who make it to Nationals.
National Challenge webpage: www.councilforeconed.org/econchallenge/